6/20/2012 0 Comments
by Kathleen D. Mailer
1. Compile 30 days of inspirational quotes and what they mean to you.
2. Write “101 Tips to Optimum Health”.
3. Write a children’s book.
4. Write an animal training book.
5. Write a “tricks and techniques” book.
6. Write a business book.
7. Don’t forget to write a “series” of books.
8. Write a poetry book.
9. Compile a book of interviews with amazing people in your industry.
10. Write a book that announces new and innovative technology.
11. Write a book that announces quick money making ideas.
12. Write a book of financial tips.
13. Write a book of uses for vitamins and supplements.
14. Write “how-to” books.
15. Don’t get ripped off! Write about how to find a trustworthy ________ (mechanic, editor, manufacturer, multi-level marketing company, etc.)
16. Compile a book of short stories.
17. Write an inspirational story about yourself and how you made it to where you were going.
18. Write a murder mystery.
19. Write a romance novel.
20. Write a collection of short romantic stories.
21. Write a reference guide.
22. Write a “things to do” travel book for your city or area.
23. Create a magazine and then compile all the authors’ articles into a book.
24. Create a book compiled from your newsletters or someone else’s newsletters (of course, with permission).
25. Write a parent’s guide.
26. Write a children’s guide to parents.
27. Write a book about tools of your trade, how to use them and where to get them.
28. Write a book on amazing facts.
29. Write a book based on historical events.
30. Write a biography of someone you admire.
31. Write a book containing instructions on card games.
32. Write a book that tells new parents how to prepare their children for school.
33. Write a book about the nitty gritty, down and dirty facts of ______ (you fill in the blank!)
34. Write a political book about all the parties and call it a Voter’s Guide.
35. Compile a cookbook.
36. Compile a list book, example: List of all the business networking opportunities OR 50 home-based business ideas.
37. Write a homeowner’s guide.
38. Write a how-to book on cleaning gutters.
39. Write a how-to book on landscaping.
40. Write a how-to book on babysitting basics.
41. Write a how-to book on certain types of legal advice (if you are not a lawyer, interview one or two!)
42. Write a how-to book on auto mechanics … easy step-by-step maintenance. Again, if you are not an auto mechanic, interview one or two.
43. Interview Moms/Dads and ask them about the most heart-warming moments with their children. Have the book come out on Father’s or Mother’s Day.
44. Interview successful business people and ask them to give you the MOST IMPORTANT advice for new business owners.
45. Write a list of qualities you admire and explain why each is so important to life.
46. Write an advice book for new parents.
47. Write an advice book for new university students.
48. Write a daily JOKE book.
49. Write a list of humorous short stories.
50. Write a pet care book.
51. Interview teachers at your children’s school and ask for solutions to common problems that children face at school.
52. Write a how-to book on art or craft projects.
Be creative! That is the most important thing. There are hundreds of things you are good at. You just need to find out who you are and then find others who are just like you. Share with them. Share with the world! YOU WILL MAKE THIS A BETTER PLACE.
Used with permission from Kathleen D. Mailer's book,
How to Write and Publish Your Own Book: From Conception to Bookstore in 90 Days!
Kathleen D. Mailer is the CEO of Aurora Publishing, the Founder/Editor-in-Chief of Today's Businesswoman magazine, Canada's Leading Authority on Self-Publishing, an Author, Philanthropist, and Business Coach. To find out more, visit her websites at www.KathleenMailer.com and www.writepublishmarketitnow.com and www.TodaysBusinesswomanMagazine.com
I created this blog just for those who wanted more advice on how to create a systemized resource centre.